What program option are you registering for?*
The following things listed below are prohibited as disciplinary measures:
• Corporal punishment.
• Any strategy that hurts, shames, or belittles a child.
• Any strategy that threatens, intimidates, or forces a child.
• The use of food as a reward or punishment and denial of basic needs.
• The use or withholding of physical activity as a punishment.
• Isolation and physical force (hitting and/or spanking).
Positive discipline such as redirection and methods involving conflict resolution are the only forms of discipline that will be used.
Conduct of preschool children which disrupts normal classroom activities on a frequent or extended basis may be indicative of physical or emotional problems, which the Head Start program must take steps to address.
I have read the corporal punishment policy stated above. I understand the policy and will adhere to it.
I confirm that I have read and understand this form. *